Get Help To Protect An Older Adult From Abuse

To Report Elder Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation

If you suspect elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation, call your state’s elder abuse hotline or reporting number. Help is available!

In the case of a medical emergency, call 911 or the local police.

TENNESSEE Report Suspected Elder Abuse in TN
To report suspected elder abuse in the State of Tennessee, call Adult Protective Services: 

SHELBY CO. TENNESSEE CREA Assistance – Shelby County, TN
For assistance from the Coordinated Response to Elder Abuse (CREA) call the Family Safety Center 

SHELBY CO. TENNESSEE 24-Hour Help Line – Shelby County, TN
For 24-hour confidential help for elders and those concerned about an elder, call the Elder Lifeline via the Memphis Crisis Center 

OTHER U.S. STATES National Eldercare Locator – A Public Service of the U.S. Administration on Aging
Monday through Friday 9AM-8PM (except U.S. federal holidays) 

  • 1-800-677-1116


If the elder lives in another state, call the protective services agency where the elder lives. In some states you can call a hotline toll-free. Many states also have online directories that list local reporting numbers.

The National Council on Child Abuse and Family Violence (NCCAFV) website also provides information for each state to report suspected elder abuse.

Information and referral is also available from the National Eldercare Locator, a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging. Call toll-free 1-800-677-1116. This number is available from Monday through Friday 9AM-8PM (except U.S. federal holidays).